Sunday, December 04, 2011

Challenge 186 - Celebrate Wacky December

I have a source for wacky holidays that I share with my students, and I consulted my wacky holiday calendar for December and found out:

December is Bingo's Birthday Month.
It's also Rising Star Month.
And it's National Tie Month.
The first week of December is Cookie Cutter Week.
December 5 is Bathtub Party Day!

So...I challenge you to use:
* A bingo card (if you don't have these in your stash, just google "bingo card" under Google Images, and you'll find a gazillion).
* Use something that you can tie--ribbons, twine, raffia, etc.
* Use at least 5 stars.
* Use punches or cutters or a shape templates.
* Use your imagination and whatever product you want to create "bubbles" on your page.


Aren't you glad I didn't choose National Gazpacho Day? :)

Debbi Tehrani:

I haven't been around for a while because we sold our house and moved to a new one. It's good to be back and scrapping again! I just recently started playing over at The Color Room, and I thought it would be fun to use this week's palette and sketch for my HMITM page. My husband loves the cheesy touristy photo ops, and I'm doing a whole album about that called Poser. This page is going into that book.

(Unfortunately I'd had my camera battery charger packed and my battery died just in time to take a picture of my layout. I therefore had to use my iPad to take a photo--not the best picture, but you'll get the idea of my layout):
















Anna-Karin: Such a fun combination of items to use for this challenge!! Instead of using a bingo card, I stamped a bingo card repeatedly on the background. I tied twine to the tags and used a whole bunch of stars die cut from the same paper as the tags. For the tags I pulled out my very old Accu-Cut EZ2Cut templates and I used a punch for the reinforcer circles. Finally, I used bubble wrap and red paint to stamp bubbles on the page. Thank you so much for this fun challenge Debbi!



Janet M- What a fun and creative challenge this one is- I finally got my sewing machine unpacked and got to use it on my layout.
My five stars are on the bingo card and the ornaments, the bubbles are the clear buttons and they are tied into the layout. I also added a few snowflake stars with my stamp and embossing powder. I used a border punch for that part of the challenge.
Cute combination of stash to use this time and it really did have me searching for the elements - I loved it.

To play, and have a shot at being chosen for our How Awesome Is Too Awesome Hall of Fame and creating as a HMITM Guest Designer, just share your layout through Mr. Linky below! We can't wait to see what you create!


4 comments:

Elizabeth Joy said...

Hi everyone, I have my layout ready, but for some reason the blog will not allow me to add to the post :( I hope I can figure it out soon so I can join the fun. This is such a great challenge!

Shaunery said...

OH I almost missed this!! LOVE this challenge so I'm off to dig out my BINGO cards!!

Unknown said...

All linked up... hope I'm not the only one :)

Shaunery said...

I'm late, but I linked anyway! Too much fun with this challenge!!