Sunday, January 31, 2010

Challenge No. 125 - 20/20 {Feb1- Feb15}


Another challenge for you all...and a challenge it will be!
The challenge is to use 20 pieces of patterned paper and 20 pieces of metal (brads, eyelets, staples ....anything metal). Use your imagination and show us what you got ;)

Be sure to post your layout to this thread in The Pub at 2 Peas!

Looking forward to seeing some fun creations!!

Debi:
Had a lot of fun making this layout. LOVE this picture of me & the hubby from Christmas Eve (Thanks, P!). I made a heart using 18 different squares of patterned paper and then cut out a heart, a little stitching and it was complete. I also pleated some patterned paper and held it down with 20 staples. The larger hearts on the background were made using the outside of some large Heidi Swapp Acylics. I just glued them on, let it dry and then used some Stickles glitter to add some shine.
























Debbi T:



This was a really fun challenge. For a while, I was scratching my head at the 20 patterned papers part, but then it dawned on me to make one of those cool little banners I've been wanting to try. I hate the way metal scans. The title letters are actually a nice shiny silver. I also got to use the sprocket gears I've been saving to use for this topic.



Elizabeth: This wasn't the easiest challenge for me, but let me tell you, I have had these metal letters and brads for YEARS and it felt so good to get them onto a page. The metal is difficult to scan, but it reads 'Quick Dip' and the year 2009.


Paula:

I've had these photos printed out for almost a year and they've been sitting, waiting for inspiration. I guess using 20 patterned papers was it! I hand cut and sewed my title letters. I also punched out the flowers and leaves, mimicking the pattern on my daughter's jacket.

2 comments:

Kyky said...

It will be my first 2pea challenge :)
I need a little explanation: can I use 1 paper, and cut it in 20 pieces, or I need to use 20 different papers?? (I really hope i could use less different papers :) )
Thank you!
Chiara

Stacy said...

This is a great challenge! Here is my layout. I used 20 pieces of pp (including the flowers, leaves (as one) and 20 safety pins! Thanks for the inspiration!

http://scrapaliciousgirl.blogspot.com/2010/01/crop-suey-challenge.html