Sunday, August 29, 2010

Challenge #144 - August 29 Sparkly Holidays

You know you have lots holiday photos just waiting to be scrapped.

Scrap a holiday layout
Use at least 2 holiday photos.
Use at least 4 die cuts.
Use at least 6 brads.
Use at least 8 words in your journaling.
Use at least 10 pieces of chipboard (You can always count each letter of your title)
And to make it extra festive, make it sparkle. Incorporate glitter on your layout.......stickers, brads, chipboard, die cuts, etc.

Michelle: I struggle scrapping Easter photos...so this was my push to get these scrapped. And yes, I admit that I am happy that Andrew owns one pink shirt now....it makes the Easter layouts much prettier. Ha! I used up quite a bit of my Making Memories Garden Party stash (chipboard alphas, glitter die cuts, brads, epoxy shpaes). I paired it with some Coredinations Gemstorne cardstock for a little extra sparkle.


Elizabeth: I did a layout using pictures taken on the Civic holiday in Canada (first weekend in August). I stretched the 2 photos criteria into 2 photo collages :P And the die-cuts that I used are words cut out of patterned paper. I'm glad we are so versatile here and can stretch the challenge a little :) Thanks for the fun challenge, Michelle!


Janet - It's great that everyone has picked a different holiday I think we all tend to think of Christmas when we think of sparkles. I picked Thanksgiving because I wanted to do a page for our lodge book and it's a holiday that we always celebrate there.

My chipboard is the title - my brads are glittered and the die cuts in the corner I did with my Cricut cartridge.

This was a special Thanksgiving for all of us.

Journaling is: It was the most thankful Thanksgiving the family has ever had. We have had new babies to celebrate some years, we had the engagement Thanksgiving at the lodge and that was wonderful. Thanksgiving 2007 has to be the top one though - the road to recovery it was so good to have you on it.



Have fun and thanks for playing! Remember that at the end of the week one participant will be featured as our "How Awesome is Too Awesome - Weekly Wow" and will be in the running to win a RAK at the end of the month! Post a link to your layout in the HMITM thread at Two Peas.

No comments: