Monday, October 12, 2009

Challenge #1.1.7. {October 12 - October 25}


Hello everyone, welcome to another challenge of 'How Much is Too Much'.

For this week's challenge...

1 stamped image

1 felt embellishment

7 stickers (non-letter stickers, although you may also use those on your layout)

Pretty easy challenge this week, I hope you will play along!

Just post your layout to the Pub at 2peas so we can see your creation, happy creating!

Elizabeth: I had this layout half completed on my desk for a while now, this challenge was just what I needed to put the finishing touches on it.



Paula: I think I cheated a little here -- I knew I had to use a stamp but I didn't realize it was a stamped image -- I used stamped letters. Oops! The goofy title was was inspired by the October Afternoon paper! It fits with the goofy kids! I made the pear embellishment from an American Crafts felt tulip.





Debbi T: I was a little short on time this week, so I combined this challenge with Janelle's Sketch This challenge. I loved that we had to use stickers because I have so many in my stash. I feel like I cheated a little by using word/phrase stickers and label stickers, since I use those a lot, but I was pleased to use some of my more "cutesy" stickers, including that Cristina Cole border sticker that's been in my stash for at least half a decade.
That's me when I was nine. I don't know how I ripped the hole in my knee, but I'm sure I was probably very upset about it. Note to self: Ask mom about the hole in my tights.



Lisa: I was a little worried about this challenge when I saw that it included stamps. I love to collect them but am always afraid to use them on a layout. Once I started digging through my stash I found some great journaling tags to use! I think I went a little overboard with the felt and stickers, but if you gotta, you might as well use it, right?


Michelle: I purged 99% of my stamps recently; so I cheated just a little by using a date stamp. However, to make up for it, I used 2 pieces of felt (these American Crafts felt pieces have been in my stash forever) and 9 stickers (which includes some of my favorite Scenic Route Grafton stickers).

1 comment:

Jill said...

I LOVE these pages!