Monday, March 14, 2011

HMITM #167 All things lovely and GREEN... {March 14 - March 27}

Having St. Patrick's Day during my scheduled post period, I couldn't help but focus on my favourite colour GREEN! For the next two weeks you are challenged to use...

. at least 10 green things on your layout
. 3 sheer embellishments
. 5 label stickers or journaling spots
. 3 different stamps


I can't wait to see what you create!

We are excited to bring you our first Guest Designer of 2011, Marianne Jensen.




Here's a bit about Marianne, in her own words:

Hi - I'm Marianne from Denmark, Europe. I'm 30 years old and live in a small village with my husbond-to-be, his son and my little daughter. I work as a teacher - and when I come home from work, I like to spend my time playing with the kids and be outside in my garden.


I try to scrapbook every day and now I have been scrapping for about 10 years. I started scrapping after a vacation with my brother in June 2000, where we took a lot of pictures - and I didn't wanted to just put all of them in an album with out telling the storys behind them.

And here is the page Marianne created for this challenge:

Marianne: When I first read this challenge I wasen't sure that I would be able to find 10 green things in my scrap-stash. But I started out with the picture of our two children - and the little deer-stamp. I'm not very good at using stamps - and it was a challenge to find two more stamps.


For all the green things I used some mist and some paillettes like a banner.

I think this was a great challenge that really made me think.




Janet M : Loved this challenge and what a fun one to do. Mine is a little different as I went with a summer theme with my dd and her dog Stella. I did miss the three different stamp - I used the same one three times but I did use different colors of ink. My 10 green things were more than easy and I got carried away with them. My sheer things are the wave, bubbles and the little bird.



Debbi T: A fun challenge indeed, E! Gave me a chance to dust off some oldies from my stash and gave me the excuse to scrap this fun picture of Farzad in Las Vegas with the guy with the garish green face. Once I got started, I think I went over the number of green things and exceeded the three stamps, but that's what HMITM is all about, right? I was thrilled to use up some of these ancient Maya Road Sheers.




Anna-Karin: This was lots of fun! I love green (and my stamps) and scrapped some photos from two walks in my favourite forest. I used more than 10 green things (all the stamped images and the jewels), 3 clear buttons which were coloured with alcohol ink, 5 labels cut using Spellbinders dies, and went totally overboard with the stamps and ended up using more than 20, oops. I stamped trees, grass and animals using green and brown ink on the kraft cardstock. Thank you for this great challenge Elizabeth!

Elizabeth: I LOVE scrapping with the colour green, so that was a breeze for me. Stamps, on the other hand, are not so easy breezy beautiful for me. :) but I did manage to put 3 stamps on the layout. I used some really old transparencies to frame a few of the pictures in my collage.




To play, and have a shot at being chosen for our How Awesome Is Too Awesome Hall of Fame and creating as a HMITM Guest Designer, just share your layout through our cool Mr. Linky below! Or share your layout on http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=3076080&org_post_to_fb=&post_to_fb== the 2Peas thread. We can't wait to see what you create!



love, Elizabeth


2 comments:

krissie said...

FUN!!!

Jodie said...

Green! Green! Green!!!