Monday, October 18, 2010

Challenge # 151 October 18, National Chocolate Cupcake day

Janet M - It's a perfect holiday for me today it's National Chocolate Cupcake Day. I use any excuse to celebrate with cupcakes and chocolate so I picked a great day to do the HMITM challenge.


You may not all have a picture of chocolate cupcakes but I know everyone has pictures of food or having a family dinner.


Lets use on this layout:

  • picture or pictures of food, having a family dinner or a birthday,
  • something that has a picture of food on it- embellishment , pp or sticker
  • multiple colors of brown
  • circles
  • flowers
  • There's no specific number of any item on this just use everything on the list and have fun.


Here's mine with some of my family members.


Journaling is: This was the perfect way to spend the evening. The family all had dinner together and then some of them headed home. The rest of the family all went to a dessert bar and bakery to top off the evening. It was wonderful to try all the different selections on the menu. I even broke down and bought a birthday cake for my mother which in this family doesn't happen very often because the more challenging the recipe and more complex a dessert is, it's a challenge we like to do.





Amanda - What a fun & yummy challenge, Janet! I found some fun cupcake photos to use. Mixing them with the flowers really makes it pretty! I used different shades of brown buttons as my circles. And I dug out that cupcake felti I've been saving for the perfect occasion!


Debbi: I have to admit, when I first read this challenge, I wasn't too thrilled because brown isn't my thing. I like bright, happy colors, but once I got working on my page, I realized brown was the perfect color for my page! Plus, the challenge gave me the perfect excuse to use some of this old Heidi Grace cupcake paper that's been in my stash forever and to scrap these photos that I've had sitting on my scrap desk for over a year. Thanks, Janet, for a terrific, creative, yummy challenge!




Anna-Karin: I really enjoyed this challenge! I used photos from two different occasions and scrapped about our tradition of having taco-evenings. Our tacos are probably nothing like the real stuff, but we love them. The title letters were embossed with two colours of embossing powder, and I used the same powders to emboss the flowers. They were sponged with brown shades of Distress Ink after embossing. Lots of stamped circles and different shades of brown (cardstock, punched border, stitching, ricrac, kraft paper). Thanks for this great challenge Janet!


Journaling: ‘Tacos started to become popular in Sweden around 1991. We started to have taco-evenings, both with the family and with friends. Now, almost 20 years later, I still love our taco-evenings. We often eat it when we have sister-evenings, like here below. Or when we are travelling, like on the second page in Norway. Our taco-evenings usually involve: spicy mince, tortillas, hard tacos, salad, tomatoes, cucumber, guacamole (my speciality), onion, cheese, corn, taco sauce, salsa. Yummy!



Have fun playing along this week and don't forget to give us a link to your post or connect it to the post in the Pub at Two Peas In A bucket so we can maybe showcase your layout in our weekly wow section and have you eligible for our monthly $15 gift certificate to there.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Very cool. Here's mine - http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/385104-justjane/1676328-50/?c=t