Monday, October 25, 2010

Challenge #152 - Dog Years - Featuring Guest Challenger Alyssa Maldonado {October 25 - October 31}

We are pleased to have Alyssa Maldonado as our Guest Challenger this week.


Here's what Alyssa had to say: Hello, Alyssa here. I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years now. I started when I found myself unemployed with plenty of time on my hands. Borrowing stash from a few friends that also scrapbooked, I created my first book about the life my boyfriend and I were creating together. And I have been hooked ever since! Now, I have my own stash, and I can definitely say that I have too much. With all this stuff to use, I also began card making, and love all the different techniques and designs I can incorporate into both crafts. I like to partake in scrapbook challenges online, and have taught several classes at my local scrapbook store. Within the last year I have started to dabble in digital scrapbooking, and have found a new love. This is now how I do most of my layouts, but I still like to get my hand inked and dirty. I hope you enjoy the challenge this week, and I can't wait to see everyone creations. Thanks for playing along with me, and the ever creative and original HMITM team.

Alyssa's clever challenge is based on her dogs' ages. Use the following elements on your layout:

I have 3 dogs = 3 photos
Bella is 5 human years - 5 rub-ons or stamps
Thor is 11 human years - 11 elements (anything goes as long as it's not paper)
Spirit is 10 months old - a total of 10 letters for the title, any number of words is fine.
Since 1 human year is equal to 7 dog years, that means combined, the 3 dogs are 118 dog years old. - #'s of words in journaling, this can include the title.

And here is Alyssa's layout:


Janet M - This challenge really had me counting and yes I did get my 118 words in not including the title but including the discover word beside the photo. I got my rub-ons and everything on here. It's a picture of our lodge and the story about it- another page for my husbands lodge book I'm giving him for his birthday this year.

The journaling is : It had to have been in both of our subconscious minds when we built the family lodge and it came out looking like this picture. We bought this picture when we first got married and thought how wonderful that it would be to build a house that looked like this. Years later, a few more children, a move, another house. This picture was stored away and forgotten. Twenty years later we built the "cabin".One day we were talking about how much it resembled a picture that we used to have many years ago. It was found,reframed and now is hanging there to remind us how sometimes things just stay planted in the back of your mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this.



Elizabeth: I think I might have cheated a little on the title, I am not counting the '%' sign as a letter ;) Another great challenge, Thanks Alyssa!



Debbi: This was a fun and interesting challenge. I did cheat a little on the title, but the chipboard part of my title does have ten words, and I went over the rub-on letters by one. But my journaling DOES contain exactly 118 words (thank goodness for the word count feature on MS Word!). I counted the misting as one of my elements--wanted to make it look like splattered blood. (I made my image a little big so you can read the journaling if you click on my page.) Thanks, Alyssa, for a fun challenge!



Anna-Karin: This was a hard, but fun challenge! Three photos was easy for me, as well as five stamps (alphabet stamps, whale stamp, word stamp, star stamp and circle stamp). I found a ten character title fairly easily (and by counting ':' as one letter), but I wrote more than 118 words when I did the journaling. I didn't want to remove any journaling, so I left it as it was. The title translates 'Your 1st bath'. Thank you for a fun challenge Alyssa!


We hope you will play along. Post a link to your layout in the HMITM thread at the Two Peas Pub, and you could be chosen as our Weekly Wow and be eligible for our monthly prize of a Two Peas gift certificate!

No comments: