Saturday, January 29, 2011

Challenge #163 - One of a kind (Jan. 17 - Jan. 30)

Happy New Year from me!! I hope 2011 will be a year filled with happiness and lots of scrapbooking for everyone.

There are many 1’s in today’s date, so I thought I would use that as a theme for the challenge, and also since this is the first month of the year.

My challenge is to create a layout using:

1 color (you can use a neutral color in addition to the one color if you want to)
1 die cut shape
1 bird, butterfly or wild animal accent
1 sheet of patterned paper (or less)
0 letter stickers
7 other items

I hope you think it is a fun challenge! Looking forward to seeing what everyone creates!

Anna-Karin: I used shades of yellow with just a few touches of white. The layout is done on canvas which was painted and then dipped in water to make the paint look like watercolour. The die cut received the same treatment. Then I stamped and stitched on top of the canvas. I also used a chipboard bird painted with crackle paint and sponged with a bit of pearl paint for shine. I used a small piece of yellow patterned paper and white embossed tickets, sentiments and a journaling block on top of it. The title letters were stamped and then I stitched along the outline.




Debbi T: Well, you sure know how to challenge a girl, Anna-Karin! I'm a color junkie, and this was HARD for me, LOL! Thankfully, you let us add some neutrals! I also found it hard limiting myself to the "7 other things," so I used 7 types of things, thus I have more than 7 things. Is that cheating? (Sorry for the awful photo of my layout--I had to take it indoors.)






Debbie F: Thanks Anna-Karin for a great challenge. I chose pink for my color, and decided to use cream/tan for my accent color. My die cut is a K & Co flower, and I used a sheet of Crate Paper for my patterned paper. The beige and white sheet behind my picture is the packaging from the lace frames. Not using letter stickers was tough. I dug out these OLD (we're talking ancient) Chatterbox stencils, which I backed with pink cardstock. For my other things... chipboard, flowers, brads, a journal spot, inks & Glimmer Mist, stickers, cardstock and borders. (Hmm, that's more than 7, isn't it?)




Elizabeth: Fun challenge! loved using monochromatic colour scheme and challenging myself to not use letter stickers! tough one there! I pulled out a rubon for the title and used kraft cardstock as my accent colour. Simple layout...




Janet- This was a challenge to create with only one color but once I got satrted it was fun to come up with - I cut pieces of cardstock and my pp into pieces and then distressed the edges and sewed some of the edges down. My birds are fabric pieces and the little fox is chipboard.


We hope you can play along and look forward to seeing what you create! Please post a link to your layout in the HMITM thread at Two Peas, so that we can all see what you create. Remember that we will pick a player at the end of each month to join us as guest designer for the following month. Have fun!!

3 comments:

Janet M said...

Love all the designs everyone came up with for this challenge - great work ladies.

HarmonySweetpea said...

Wow, what fantastic layouts!

Kylie said...

I lifted the amazing layout by Anna-Karin when my friend pointed it out to me and challenged me to do a yellow layout. I don't have a Two Peas account, but you can see it here: http://longlivepaperandscissors.blogspot.com/2011/01/layout-for-my-wonderful-friend-tara.html

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.