Monday, January 03, 2011

Challenge #162 - Out With the Old, In With the New {January 3 - January 16}

Happy New Year! We're back with the first challenge of 2011! We have a few changes for the coming year. First, we are going to be posting our challenges every other Monday. The weeks just fly by, and this will give our players a chance to have more time to participate in the challenges. Second, we will select a player each month to join us as a guest designer for the following month. This should be a fun addition to our challenge!

Now on to this week's challenge: Let's dig into our new stash and also use some of our old--or get rid of it.

Use on your layout:



  • products from your newest batch of stuff

  • products that are your oldest, like from when you started scrapping--come on, you know you still have some of that old stuff hanging around-- and if you don't use it for this challenge, get rid of it!

and for the date 1/3/2011


  • one-word title

  • 3 patterned papers

  • 20 round things (buttons, brads, sequins, etc.)

  • 11 additional embellishments

Debbi T: I had so much fun incorporating old stuff with my new goodies that I just bought on Tuesday when I went on a "field trip" with my sister to a scrapbook store a couple of hours away. New stuff I used: The red polka dot MME paper, the Pink Paislee clear card, those ornaments, the Santa in the ballon, the sparkly silver letters, Mister Huey spray ink, and the journaling spots. Old stuff: I used FIBER and EYELETS! I thought for sure those would be doomed to languish in my stash forever. I also rescued some old patterned paper from way back when, Making Memories definition stickers from many, many years ago, and the vintage holiday images.







Anna-Karin: Happy New Year!! Such a great idea for the first challenge of the year. I used some my newest patterned paper (Basic Grey and Webster's Pages) and a new glitter ribbon and a whole bunch of old stuff. When I started scapping I got a ton of eyelets. I have no idea why I thought I needed so many eyelets. I used eyelets for the 20 round things and squashed them a bit to give them a different look. The crazy foam frogs are very old, I had totally forgotten about them. I also used some really old silver outline stickers, that I got when I started to make cards (which was quite some time before I started to scrap). The title is wordplay and a bit hard to translate, it means both ‘grassy’ and ‘terrible’. I used flower soft on the chipboard elements to imitate grass. Thank you for this fun challenge Debbi!

Journaling: You are not that used to grass yet and the grass where we took these photos was particularly sharp. You started to crawl away happily to discover exciting things, but soon realised that the grass was scary. You crawled like a cat and tried to touch the grass as little as possible. And then you got really sad. After a while it went better, but you didn’t want to crawl and you touch the grass suspiciously on many of the photos. The second time we went to the grass to take photos it went better and you crawled around a lot.



Elizabeth: This was fun, fun, fun! I have had these pictures sitting around all year and I finally tackled them! I had so many little pictures, that I decided to make them into circles and include as many as I could. I added extra stickers from Basic Grey to make 20 circles. I also used really old letter stickers and new journaling spots. The purple paper is very old Chatterbox and some 'older' Basic Grey green paper. Thanks for the great challenge Debbi!



We hope you will play along. Please post a link to your layout on the HMITM thread at the Two Peas Pub so we can see what you create!

No comments: