Monday, November 08, 2010

Remember This... HMITM 154 (November 8-15)

Here in Canada we will be celebrating Remembrance Day this week, so I thought it would be a good idea to create a layout 'remembering someone'. You can interpret that however you like, plus add...
  • 1 felt embellishment
  • 5 rubons
  • 4 flowers
You can link your layout to the comments here or also at The Pub on 2peas. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Elizabeth: For this challenge I scrapbooked the photos from the tradition of our daughter's birthday. 4 years ago we lost our baby girl at 7 months gestation and every year we visit her grave and think of her. The butterfly rubons and flower embellishments were perfect for this topic.


Janet : This is really a wonderful challenge to do and even though it was a difficult one I'm so glad to have done it. My niece's and nephew's came up with Florida one weekend about 6 years ago and came to our lodge to spend some time in the outdoors. It was always a struggle to get my mother to want to come there but she enjoyed it every time she came. We all went down and had a wonderful weekend together.

This is the last and only picture I have of my niece Courtney and her together from that weekend and she had this one made into a card and mailed to my mother. Since then our family has lost both of them so it's a memory to treasure.

 Journaling is: We always say we should value people and time together and when I see this picture I know that I did this weekend. Mom enjoyed having her grandchildren up from Florida for a visit, it was the first time all four of them had been here as adults. We had campfires, sat and visited and just had a nice weekend. Of the whole weekend I think this is the only picture that I have with just mom and Courtney in it. With both of them being gone it's a picture and a moment in time to treasure.


Debbi T: It's been about ten years since my GrandPaul died, and I can't believe it's been that long. I call him GrandPaul because his name was Paul. He wasn't my "real" grandpa. I never really had a grandpa growing up. My Gram married Paul when I was in my late 20's, I think, and he so easily became a part of the family. He was loving and had a generous spirit and an awesome sense of humor that made him fit right into our clan.

I used Pencil Lines Sketch 211 and a Studio Calico kit to make this page. I wanted to go for a quiet color scheme, with a few bits of color. I thought the owl was a perfect embellishment because it looked a little sad and has a childlike feel that goes with the journaling--me sort of wishing I'd had him as my grandpa growing up. I added gold embossing powder to the border to go with the gold sequin flower centers.


Anna-Karin: I really enjoyed doing this layout about my grandfather who passed away 12 years ago almost to the day. It was so nice to sit a think about him and I wrote a long piece of journaling about my memories of him (which is tucked in behind the layout). I used a photo of him which was taken before I was born. He was very enthusiastic about photography and developed his photos at home. But, since he was often behind the camera, there are quite few photos of him. I used a felt car, 5 rub-ons to embellish the chipboard house and four die cut flowers. The papers, stamps and embellishment all have a meaning relating to my memories of my grandfather. Thank you so much for this challenge Elizabeth!


I know this challenge will not be an easy one, but it is so important. I hope you accept the challenge! Love, Elizabeth

No comments: