Monday, November 22, 2010

Challenge #156- November 22nd Let's Be Thankful

Hi everyone! Francine back at ya with a challenge this week!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here but I love the idea of being thankful. I've also always liked the idea of doing a gratitude journal or list, so this week I challenge you to do a layout that lists 5 things you are grateful for today.

On your layout include:
5 patterned papers
5 stamped images
5 pieces of ephemera/vintage items

Francine
I almost gave up on my own challenge when it came to the five stamped images and the vintage ephemera! The patterned paper part was easy since I have been into garlands and buntings lately. And then I decided to group the other elements into a collage and voila!


My journaling talks about some big things I am very thankful for right now: like watching Kieran grow every day and doing what I love for a living.

Janet M :

Great challenge and I did have to leave off one thing because my stamps are either packed or not here as a friend has them, so I just did my best. I did some rub-ons in place of them under my flower.

5 patterned papers was easy, the empemera/vinatge items were a fun thing to use.

I did an approach about the things I was thankful for from growing up.

Journaling is: When I stop and think about the things that I'm thankful for of course I have the ones that everyone has but then I think back about the things that got me where I am today.
I'm thankful for having parents that cared and guided me.
I was surrounded with good relatives and friends that gave me balance and a sense of the things important in life.
That I was raised with a belief in God.
I had fun childhood mixed with time to play and time to work.
My community was a caring and good place to grow up in.
You can't go forward into the future without balance and direction in life and I'm so thankful that I had them.


Thanks for the great challenge.




Debbi T: I'm in the midst of working on my projects for Work in Progress, and this month's kit, which features the new Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 collection, was perfect for this challenge, so that's what I used. I was watching Glenn Beck last night, and he was talking about Thanksgiving and how it's the people that we need to be most thankful for, so that's the angle I took with my page.



Anna-Karin: I loved doing this layout. I’ve wanted to do something on the topic of gratitude lately and my layout is about treasuring each day and being grateful, because it can all change in an instant. The layout is done on a piece of canvas and the hearts were die cut from canvas. The canvas and the hearts were soaked in water and then painted with watered down acrylic paint. I sprayed the hearts with a mix of Perfect Pearls and water which gave them a nice shine. Thank you for this great challenge Francine!

1 comment:

Karen Williams said...

This a Lo about my son's list

http://icouldbescrapbookinginstead.blogspot.com/2010/11/something-to-be-thankful-for.html